By now most internet marketers know that the money is in the list. What most people don’t know is how to get subscribers… they struggle with hundreds of subscribers while they should get thousands every month!
So I’ve decided to publish 22 ways to get more signups for your list. Enjoy!
1. Setup a pop-up to catch the signups on all your blogs and websites.
This is by far the easiest thing you can do and instantly get more signups to your list. Many autoresponders even provide a pre-made pop-up code.
2. Become a contributor at different Giveaway Events
As a contributor at giveaway events you can build a huge list in record time. I usually participate in at least 5 giveaway events each month and have added thousands of subscribers to my list this way.
3. Run your own giveaway event
Running your own giveaway event is probably the easiest and fastest way to build up a huge list. You need to have the ressources to run an event, that means you should be able to get JV Partners who help you to launch the event and you also need a good sofware like the Giveaway Manager 2.
4. Setup free membership sites
This is similar to running a giveaway event with the difference that it’s a lot more work because you have to create and setup all the content or downloads. A membership site should have something unique to offer to become successful, so this is a strategy for advanced marketers.
5. Design a high quality Squeeze Page
A squeeze page or actually several squeeze pages is a must have for every internet marketer. The better your offer is on this page and the better the page looks, the higher your signup rate will be.
6. Increase your signup rate by testing and tracking
You should test and track different elements on your squeeze page like the headline or different bullet points. This is called Split Testing and used wisely it can double or triple your signup rate.
7. Give away free software or ebooks to increase your signup ratio
I know that most marketers already do this but if you are very new to this, then you must understand that you need to offer people something for free before they give you their name and email address. Give away a free ebook or even software to get people on your list.
8. Add a privacy statement on your squeeze pages
Say something like “We respect your privacy and will never share, rent or sell your personal details”… Tell your visitors that their details are safe with you and that they won’t get any spam emails.
9. Do Ad-Swaps with other list owners
Once your list has reached a size of 1000 or more subscribers you should start to do ad-swaps. That means you do a cross promotion for your list with other list owners.
10. Ask your friends to add a link to your Squeeze Page on their sites
Come on, you must know several people who have a website or blog… ask them to add your squeeze page link on their sites.
11. Give away ebooks including a link to your squeeze page
You can create several short reports or ebooks that you distribute through other download sites for free. In these ebooks you have a link to your squeeze page. This is kind of a reverse marketing because you first give away a product for free and you hope to get the signups by doing this. It will only happen if your ebook or report is unique and offers something that is not told elsewhere.
12. Use the My Viral Spiral script
13. Setup Co-Registration exchanges with other list owners
How about adding each others opt-in form on our blogs? How about adding each others opt-in form on our Thank You Pages? Ask this other internet marketers and help each other to build your lists.
14. Advertise your Squeeze Page through free traffic programs
I’m talking about manual click exchanges here. While the signup rate might be as low as 0.3% they are still very viral and can lead to tons of signups. What means 0.3% if you get 100.000 visitors through these every month? It means getting 300 new leads each month on auto-pilot. This can be done by sponsoring other people into these click exchanges. You earn a percentage of their traffic!
15. Advertise your Squeeze Page through credit based safelists
Credit based safelists are great to get started with building your list. You’ll get signups fast and the useage of these is easy.
16. Add your autoresponder optin form to your Facebook Box on your profile
Yeah, this works… there is a Facebook Profile Add-On… a simple Box… you can enter HTML code there, so you can add your autoresponder signup form and it’s displayed directly on your profile.
17. Add your autoresponder optin form on all your blogs and social sites
I must confess that I haven’t done it everywhere yet but once I find the time I’ll add a signup form to my autoresponder on the sidebar of this blog as well as on my other blogs and websites. Maybe with a special offer or something… You should do the same thing, put your signup box everywhere!
18. Link to your Squeeze Page from your blogs
Simply enter it into your Blog Roll or even within your posts.
19. Add a link to your Squeeze Page in your article signatures
Article marketing is great and done the right way it can have a huge impact on your online business. When doing article marketing you should always use a Squeeze Page or your free membership site link in your signature.
20. Add a link to your Squeeze Page in your forum signatures
Same thing as with article marketing
21. Test a short video message or audio message on your Squeeze Page
Videos and Audios can have a huge impact on your visitors. These can add the personal touch to your site and therefore increase your signup rate. Test it, track it and see if your signup rate increases.
22. Provide good content in your emails that you send out to your list
Here are 2 reasons why you should give your readers top content with your emails: 1. You want to keep them on your list and 2. They might tell their friends and they might also signup for your list!
OK, I hope you implement all these strategies… used together I was able to build a list of 25.000 within my first 9 business months.
To your success!